16.11.2020 - 20.11.2020
New manufacturing technologies and processes are revolutionising companies’ business strategies and internal way of working and growing. This year we are organising the 3rd edition of the smart manufacturing event, which will be digital and address all manufacturing sectors. The event was organised for the first time by Luxinnovation 2 years ago. The first edition was managed by the Wood Cluster together with the Materials & Manufacturing Cluster with the objective of stimulating the digitalisation of small companies in the wood sector. Last year, a larger event targeting all industrials sectors and skilled craft companies presented Luxembourg’s national strategy for data-driven innovation and launched the Digital Innovation Hub. This annual meeting is focused on new technologies and processes. Representatives of the manufacturing industry go on stage to share their experience in digital transformation, smart processes and sustainability strategies in order to meet tomorrow’s challenges.
The manufacturing industry needs to be transformed and modernised in order to be able to face the economic and health crisis that impacts it deeply. In order to rise to the challenges of tomorrow and remain competitive, companies need to be modernised, develop new strategies, target new sectors, enhance their productivity and efficiency, rethink and optimise their value chains and make their supply chains more reliable.
The 3rd edition of the Smart Manufacturing event will address the following topics, technologies and processes:
· Value and supply chains
· Businesses and strategy
Participants will obtain information on EU trends in terms of digitalisation and sustainability and get a deeper understanding of how the manufacturing industry needs to be transformed to be able to embrace future technological and environmental challenges. The event is also an opportunity to get to know Luxembourg companies that have implemented smart processes internally and to establish contacts with services providers via the matchmaking platform.
- Provide information on European Commission orientations towards the digitalisation and sustainability of the manufacturing sector
- Cover a large spectrum of sectors under the umbrella of smart manufacturing
- Address issues related to sustainability, businesses, value chains and production
- Provide information on digital and innovative technologies available in Luxembourg or the Greater Region
- Inform companies about Ministry of the Economy state aides provided to support the industry
- Share information within the manufacturing sector, for both small and large companies
- Digital matchmaking: connect offer and demand or simply share experience between companies